EESC 230 First Post

January 21, 2013

I am taking Global Environmental Issues because I have always been concerned with the health and conservation of the Earth and all those who call it home! I’m also doing the environmental sustainability minor and this course is required:)

Also, I love this picture of my twin sister, Jackie (on the left), and me:

This was taken in beautiful Costa Rica during spring break of my senior year in high school. This waterfall was the result of a wonderful hike in central Costa Rica and I had such a blast on this trip!! I chose this picture mainly because while I was there I couldn’t help but notice how sustainable this country is. Everywhere you turn there are recycling bins and signs demonstrating proper sustainable practices that should be followed. Very cool.

We stayed in a resort that was next to a ranch named Rancho Margot. When we went to visit, one of the interns told us that the resort was completely off the grid. Basically, the entire ranch was powered from the heat that came off of their huge compost pile. Isn’t that amazing?! Such a gorgeous location too. I would love to spend a summer there hopefully after graduation. Crossing my fingers!

-KK

Categories: Uncategorized.